Wednesday 26 October 2011

WEEK 13 LECTURE & TUTORIAL / CONSTRUCTION FINALISATION:

The following notes/diagrams are some final details of the construction and materials of the exhibition space and different elements of design and research that I have taken from other projects to help me. These are some things that me and Jane discussed in the tutorial that I have cleared up ready for modelling in Revit. The base will be made from plywood and an aluminium top layer that connect together with each wall/roof layer to create the carcass. I have chosen to use aluminium frames for each layer featuring cables and rods for bracing and support, and then use a fabric membrane stretched over these structures. This is two ensure that it is as light weight as possible, and that it can be transported on the light rail. For the fabric membrane, I think I will use a transparent material for half of the exhibition space to create an open and light space, and use either white or green/gold colours for the rest of the structure. LED tube lighting will be fitted into each aluminium frame to create colour at night time and bring the exhibition space to life:





After Yasu's lecture about submission requirements for the presentation, I have done up another quick sketch of my new panel layout in a1 paper size:

No comments:

Post a Comment