Friday 21 October 2011

WEEK 12 TUTORIAL:

Today's meeting with Jane was good as it cleared up a few things to send me in the right direction. As shown in the previous posts I was going to design the platform in the centre of the road, the station with basic amenities and the portable exhibition space to connect with the it. Jane questioned if I really needed the station as Tom is proposing his high speed rail terminal next to the site, so there will already be enough services to cater for the area. So from here I will remove the station building which was going to be permanent, and replace this with an extended exhibition space that features a small cafe/kiosk and toilets. These will all be included in the mobile exhibition entity like the orginal idea, but maybe these additional services will be one entity that sits under the exhibition roof and can be portable by a truck. These are new problems I now need to solve and map out so I can start to model up the design in Revit!

The following is a basic design layout for my panels which will help me develop the correct drawings and detailing on the model. I have gone over the brief again so I think I will form the panels to have a big focus on the parliamentary function and how it is used to serve parliament. I need to show the need and purpose of the light rail and exhibition space and how it is used by politicians and members of the public. I may also do some kind of explanation/comparison of traditional forum methods in a traditional building, and my new proposal for a future concept- creating some kind of mobile structure that provides a common ground for all parties where different people can come together and discuss parliamentary issues in a more informal way so everyone can have a say? The structure can also be used for many other things, so showing its versatility/flexibility in the panels is important as this is main concept of the brief. I think at this stage I will produce 4 a2 panels- 1) infrastructure and stragey and purpose and function, 2) circulation and access and purpose and function , 3) poetic resolution and purpose and function, 4) logistics and structural/operational integrity. This is a starting layout which will probably change, but at least I have a starting point so I know what to show to portray my message effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment